This is part of a series of inquiry-based provocations for essential elements of the PYP and the Learner Profile. For more, click here.
Sometimes, taking action on something that matters to us is big. Sometimes, it’s small. How do we know which is the best path? How do we get started? How do we keep going when it’s hard? Use this week’s provocation into Action to help get kids thinking more about what it means to them.
Resource #1: What Matters to You//Me?
Resource #2: PSA from Patrick Larkin, via AJ Juliani
Resource #3: Mother of 4 Builds House From Scratch By Watching Youtube Videos
Resource #4: What Do You Do With An Idea by Kobi Yamada
Resource #5: Be Kind by Pat Zietlow Miller
- What does it mean to take action?
- Why is taking action an important part of learning?
- How are we responsible for taking action on our learning?
- How might our perspective on a particular action change over time?
- Why is taking action so difficult sometimes, even when it’s something important to us?
- How might technology transform the way we can take action today?
featured image: DeathToTheStockPhoto