My hope is for this provocation’s use to not be limited solely to teaching place, but to help kids gain a greater perspective of this bewilderingly large universe. That though we may be finite, with limited comprehension of the vastness, we do, in fact, have a place in it all. Enjoy!
Resource #1: VIDEO (not embed-able) “Forest of Numbers” by Emmanuelle Moureaux
Resource #2: A Hundred Billion Trillion Stars by Seth Fishman and Isabel Greenberg
Resource #3: How Much is a Million by David M. Schwartz & Steven Kellogg
Resource #4: Infinity & Me by by Kate Hosford, Gabi Swiatkowska
- How do we measure large numbers?
- What are characteristics of large numbers?
- Why does it matter to be able to measure very large numbers, even when they seem beyond comprehension?
- What is the difference between large numbers and infinity?
- What does infinity mean to you?
- How do large numbers, and/or infinity, impact your life?
- How do large numbers, and/or infinity, impact society?
featured image: DeathToTheStockPhoto