This is part of a series of inquiry-based provocations for essential elements of the PYP and the Learner Profile. For more, click here.
Enthusiasm comes so naturally for so many kids (especially before they get old enough that it becomes uncool), it can be easy to overlook having a real discussion about it. But I’m pretty sure we could all use more of its rich, sunny, creative goodness in our lives. Enjoy this week’s provocation!
Resource #1: Me and My Cello – Happy Together Cello Cover by The Piano Guys
Another fun video from these guys packed with enthusiasm:
Resource #2: A Pep Talk from Kid President to You by Soul Pancake
Resource #3: Fancy Nancy by Jane O’Connor & Robin Preiss Glasser
Resource #4: Sam & Dave Dig a Hole by Mac Barnett & Jon Klassen
- What is the connection between enthusiasm and individualism?
- What are some of the obstacles to enthusiasm? How can we overcome?
- How does enthusiasm change over a person’s lifetime?
- What is the connection between enthusiasm and creativity?
- How does enthusiasm impact our world?
- How does enthusiasm impact an individual’s work?
featured image: DeathToTheStockPhoto