When it’s time to pick a book, how do you know what’s good for you? Here are a few ideas:
- Ask a trusted friend: It’s tried and true! If you have friends with the same book interests as you, they may have a good title up their sleeve to suggest.
- Look for books with awards: Caldecott, Newberry, etc. If they have an award on their cover, it means it’s a good choice!
- If you’re in a library, look for books that have multiple copies: If a library has multiple copies on hand, it means they have a lot of interest in the book and it’s in high demand.
- Ask a teacher: Teachers are really good at a lot of things, but recommending books is a talent high up on their list.
- Ask a librarian: If there’s anyone more qualified to recommend a book, it’s a librarian. Even if they don’t know you personally.
Bonus: Read many of the book lists that we’ve curated here on our blog! Books are a big part of our lives and sharing them with you brings us joy.