Real learning — the kind that students carry with them and treasure in the longterm — is a vulnerable process. If we are to help our students get to a place where they are truly willing to put themselves out there, take risks, make mistakes, and try again, we need to take an active role in cultivating a classroom of trust.
It’s with that in mind that I share this week’s provocation on friendship.
Resource #1: Gymnastics student’s repeated efforts, via harleykyan
Resource #2: “Invisible Boy” by Trudy Ludwig and Patrice Barton
Resource #3: The Wonderment online children’s platform
- How are trust and the growth mindset connected?
- How does friendship work?
- Why does feeling a sense of belonging matter?
- What is our responsibility to be a friend to others?
- How has technology changed the way we can support each other?
featured image: DeathToTheStockPhoto