Google Earth Starter Kit for Teachers is our new 11-page guide to take you and your class on virtual field trips, starting today! We designed this guide for teachers wanting to find some quality examples of Google Earth trips, to create their own, or to give students new and engaging ways to share learning. If this sounds like you, sign up on the left-hand side of our page (we promise to never ever spam or share your info–you’ll just receive occasional email updates from us)! We also list the best of HGU printables and how-to’s on the confirmation page as an extra thank-you for joining our learning community!
Our new kit is packed with practical how-to tips, links to rich virtual field trips, and ways for students to harness Google Earth’s potential for discovery and sharing.
Leave the Classroom Behind with Google Earth
- Landforms Virtual Field Trip (using subfolders of placemarks)
- Amazon Rainforest Virtual Field Trip (using the tour-guided feature)
- Ancient Civilizations (using outlines)
Make Your Virtual Field Trip Today
- 9 tips for making your own trip
- Descriptions of the different tools to try in Google Earth
- How to use simple codes for clean, neat description boxes
- How to save & share your trip
Suggestions for Student Creations
- 10 fun ideas for student creations in Google Earth
- Links to additional resources
Featured Image Credit: PhotoExplorer via Flickr