College move in day is rapidly approaching! Here are some tips to hopefully help it go smoothly for you.
- Make sure you have the info on what day and possibly what time you can move in. Especially if you are living on campus, they may have regulations to prevent overcrowding and give you a move in time. At the very least, check to see what day is move in day, you will not want to miss this!
- Moving into your dorm or apartment means there’s a good chance you’ll be doing a lot of stairs that day. Keep this in mind as you pack! Try not to pack huge, heavy boxes. Reusable bags and totes work great for packing and carrying, with the bonus of being able to use them again for storage or grocery shopping later!
- Enlist in help, if needed. Rally together friends and family to help you carry all of your items from the car to your dorm.
- Look into the parking situation before move in day, if possible. College campuses are notorious for permit only parking, so double check the lots you can and cannot park in while moving in.
- Utilize this time to get to know your neighbors! Offer to help bring things in for them and allow them to do the same for you.
- Stay hydrated! This one can be often overlooked, but move in day typically happens in August or September, meaning it’s still hot out and you’ll be working hard carrying totes. Keep a water bottle handy!
But most of all, good luck! It’s an exciting day for you, so take it all in!