Graduation day is coming! Seniors, buckle up! This is your moment. First, take a look at this letter to the graduating class of 2020. All of it applies to you, too.
Now let’s talk about what you need ON graduation day. It can be a really exciting day! Let’s make sure you don’t forget anything.
- First, make sure you talk with your school or organization before graduation day to know if they provide the cap and gown or if you need to. Look into what color of gown, cord, or stole that you need.
- Double-check the night before the event on where you are supposed to meet up before the ceremony, and that you know how to get there. Especially for those participating in college graduation.
- Use the bathroom one last time before the ceremony.
- Take a lot of pictures, you’ll never want to forget this day. However, make sure those batteries are charged on your phone, camera, or any other electronic device you bring.
- Wear your semi-formal clothes under your gown, but keep in mind that everything on you must fit into your pockets, you won’t have a bag to tote with you, so keep your items at a minimum and try to wear an outfit that includes pockets, if possible.
- Sunscreen! This can be so easily overlooked, but a lot of spring graduation ceremonies happen outside. Even on a cloudy day, you can sunburn.
Graduation day is a day to be celebrated! Pose for the pictures and allow yourself plenty of time in the limelight. You deserve it, after all!