This is a series of provocations designed to provide resources for students to inquire into the Four C’s of 21st Century Learning. For more, click here.
By far the most helpful way I’ve found to help students foster their own creativity is to openly and continually discuss my own messy and imperfect journey toward creativity with them. Until our students see its authentic application in those they trust, they will likely continue to see it as something just for those artist-type folks.
Meanwhile, these resources may serve as part of those discussions, and to help students consider what it really means for them!
Resource #1: Creative Types Personality Quiz by Adobe Create
Resource #2: Large Domino Chain: Small Actions, Large Results
Resource #3: Student Design Award Winner – Curiosity: Exploration & Discovery by RSA
Resource #4: The Book of Mistakes by Corinna Luyken & Hum & Swish by Matt Myers
- Why does creativity matter in our world today?
- Why does creativity matter for you personally? How can it impact your life? Your family? Your community?
- How might creativity look for different people?
- What is the connection between risk-taking and creativity?
- What are the different perspectives on creativity in various jobs?
- How does honoring our own creativity impact the world?
featured image: DeathToTheStockPhoto