This is a list of all #TeacherMom posts, grouped below by overarching topic through January 2019, with favorites in bold.
For background on when I first started my blog schedule, (#TeacherMom posts on Wednesdays), click here.
Agency, Autonomy, & Authenticity
See more Agency on Learning Through Reflecting page.
- An Open Letter: To Pinterest, from a Teacher
- What is the Ship? What is the Sea? 4 Ideas for Vision
- A Little Less Filtered
- “Let Them Fail” is Not Uniform
- Weighing the Pressures of Preparing for the “Next Level”
- “Are You Sure?”
- The Opportunities Afforded by Authenticity (aka, Watching Moana with My Kids) #TeacherMom
- Combating Summer Slide (Without Workbooks)
- Rethinking Calendar Time
- On Following the Learning (Comic Book Style)
- Are Choices Only For the Well-Behaved?
- Love & Logic Limits: Is it Always a Choice?
- What Happens When We “Let Kids In On the Secret” of Development #TeacherMom
- Agency Is Not Just For School
- What Child Autonomy Is Not
- “Just Trust Me”
- Why I Focus on Agency
- Who Owns Documentation? (Also the 7 Year-Old Wants to Blog)
- No Secret Parent Business Either
- On Taking Their Learning Autonomy Seriously
- She Just Asked Google to remind her to “Read all the books on the bottom shelf”
- Inventorying a Culture of Agency at Home
- Strategies to Trust Students When they Seem Uninterested
Book lists & Book Love
See more Book Lists on Learning Through Reflecting page.
- Who’s Creating the Literacy Environment?
- Evolution of the Narrative in Picture Books (& Ideas For Your Next Library Visit)
- Hunting For Good Nonfiction Picture Books (10 Ideas)
- A 2 Year-Old’s Favorite “Things That Go” Books
- Top 10 Read Alouds for Upper Elementary from 2016
- 10 Favorite Board Books
- What Happens When the Author Becomes a Person
- An Investment in Book Love: Reframing My Perspective
- Why I’m Saying No to a Home Reading Program
- My 10 Favorite Concept Books
- The Magic of an AuthorLink
- Favorite Picture Books We Read in 2017
- Read Alongs Here to Save Sanity During Christmas Break
- 3 Fabulous Rhyming Picture Books & Their Powerful Impact on Reading
- Self-Selected Bedside Reading, Co-Written With My Kids
- 6 Gorgeous Picture Books Capturing Magical, Independent Childhoods
- Mindful about the Messages we Send about their Books
- Ever-Evolving Book Environment
- Is there anything more powerful than a child choosing a book?
- In Which the 8 Year-Old Questions My Reading Log Ethics
- 7 Ways to Communicate We Care About At-Home Reading–Without Readings Logs
- 10 Books for our earliest readers that are actually enjoyable
- Boy/Girl Books: Fighting Stereotypes While Honoring Book Access
Bridging the Connection between Home & School
- 10 Signs Your Child Might Be At a 20th Century School…& What to Do About It
- The Unexpected Outcome of Morning Messages
- 10 Tips for Tough Conversations between Home & School
- Will It Help or Hurt to Review Scores With My First Grader?
- If Only Parents Would…
- 5 Signs of 21st Century Teaching to Watch for During Conferences
- An Open Teacher Appreciation Letter
- Sharing Benchmark Scores with Students?
- “Mommy, What’s Rape?” (addressing those unexpected extracurriculars)
- 10 Ways for Partnering with Parents
- Questions when you join a PTA board
- Keeping a Window Open: 10 Tips to Keep Up with Education during (Extended) Parental Leave
- What Matters Most to YOU about Your Child’s School Experience?
- In Which the 8 Year-old Questions My Reading Log Ethics
Digital & Global Citizenship
See more Digital Citizenship on Learning Through Reflecting page.
- In Which Twitter Shows My 6 Year-Old Her Voice Counts
- 3 Reasons 1st Grade Isn’t Too Early To Teach Digital Citizenship
- 5 Thoughts on Raising iGen Kids With Opportunity over Fear
- 21st Century Literacy Opportunities You Probably Overlook #IMMOOC
- When the Internet Brings Us Something Amazing, Do We Share with our Kids?
- In Which the 7 Year-Old’s Blog Post Gets More Comments Than Mine
- Can We Talk about Rationing Screen Time?
Preschool & #PlayMatters
- How Kindergarten Prep Frenzy Changed My Teaching Perspective
- The Consuming That Leads to Creating
- Ode To A Newly Crawling Baby
- On the Brink of Boundaries/Sanity
- Green Kids Craft Box Review
- So Apparently Even Babies Get Supply/Demand
- When In Doubt, Go With The Child
- Keep ‘Em Busy or Facilitate the Best Busy-ness
- On Jumping in Too Fast
- 5 Crucial Lessons My Kids Have Taught Me on Play
- How Did We Come to Playground Rubber Woodchips?
- Preschool, Kinder-Prep, & 3 Things Kids Need Most
- When We’re Tired Of Coming Up With It All Ourselves #TeacherMom #IMMOOC
- On Baby Gates & Boundaries
- My Love/Hate Relationship with Perfection
- The Third Teacher at Home
- Where’s The Mom?
- “A” is For Captain America: Following their Lead for Learning
- What We’re Signing them up for and Why
- Messy, Beautiful Learning Happens When…
- Intentionally Cultivating Abundant, Intrinsic Learning
- What the computer assessment doesn’t know about what my preschooler knows
- My Favorite “Learning Toys” in our House
Trust, Growth, & Skills
- “Mistakes Are For Learning”
- Sometimes, Nothing Goes According to Plan, & That’s Ok
- The Self-Perpetuating Cycle of Authentic Creativity
- Converting Frustration to Teaching Moments
- “It’s Never Too Late To Be Who You Might Have Been”
- Mistakes & Trust, Expectations & Understanding
- How Our Desperation for Results Skews Process: Potty-Training Edition
- The Storm-Cloud When Growth-Mindset Meets Stress
- “Watch Me” (an extra provocation into “Can”)
- Noticing What Kids Can Do
- Lessons From Homemade Valentines
- Anti-Bullying Resilience Skills: A Work in Progress
- I Was Right to Fear Lack of Routine
- Taming Those Housekeeping Routines
- My #OneWord2017: Synthesis
- Slowing Down Time
- On Behavior, Santa, & Things Getting Complicated Real Quick
- Lessons from filming our bike ride to the library